Yesterday I attended the first ever #tyronebloggerevents at the Silverbirch Hotel. The event was organised and hosted by Emma McPhillips and what a great event it was.
Bloggers and business came together from all over Tyrone and well beyond to enjoy Afternoon Tea but before sat down for that we kicked off the day in style with some prosecco and were treated to lots of nice goodies to include Bellamianta luxury tan.
There were also a number of prizes up for grabs for best dressed, best boomerang and best insta post. There was so much style and fashion so no wonder there were two lucky ‘Best Dressed’ Winners. Sinead Slane from UpTown BiBi came away with a lovely set of Gin Glasses donated from at Wrapped Up Luxury Gifts and the other best dressed went to who received a gift voucher from Alf and Roe Clothing boutique
Emma had invited a number of bloggers and businesses to speak as part of the event so they could share their journey and offer some tips and advice to everyone in the room.
We heard from so many amazing bloggers and business giving us lots of little nuggets of information to apply on our own blog or business.
Below is some of those we heard from:
Some of the KEY TAKEAWAYS for me were:
• Don’t worry what others think of you, as long as you are positive in what you are doing, you should not let what others think of you stop you.
• Be yourself and authentic, show it how it is
• Maintain a level of professionalism
• Always keep your audience in mind and share what you are comfortable with sharing
• Be kind to others and engage and support one another
• Business should reach out and engage with micro influencers and build up strong relationships so you can promote and support one another
• Don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone
• Let you blog evolve with you as you go on your own journey and don’t get too stuck on one topic
• Put yourselves in the customers shoes and think about what you would want in a business so you can continue to gown and develop your business
• Don’t compare your blog to other blogs, carve out your own niche
•Treat everyone with respect and courtesy
Below are some of the other fab people I met on the day
If you attended what was your key TAKEAWAY?