So you may or may not know I am a ‘Bride to Be’ and in EXACTLY ONE YEAR from Today I will be tying the knot EEEKKK. I have to say I am definitely excited to say the least.
Since wedding planning will now be a significant part of what I will be doing and spending a lot of time on over the next year I thought I would set up a dedicated section on my blog to cover my ‘Wedding Journey’ with you.
This section of my blog will share info on everything from getting engaged, picking rings, picking a venue, finding the right suppliers, finding the perfect dress to picking a theme, decorating your venue, treats for your bridal party, finding the right honeymoon destination and much much more.
Calling All Brides to Be, Recent Brides or if you Simply Love Anything to do with Weddings
I know I will definitely be reaching out to you to seek advice from all the brides out there and those who have ‘been there done that’ for your input. So if you are also a bride to be, or if you have recently tied the knot and have lots of advice or if you simply just love anything to do with weddings I hope you can come on the journey with me. I have lots of researching, planning and organising ahead of me so any nuggets of info would be appreciated.
No doubt along the way there will be lots of excitement mixed with stress, sleepless nights and worries, but I know I will get there in the end.
Some Interesting Facts and Fluffy Stuff To Start
So to kick off the series I thought I would share some insights into me and my Partner, how and when we met, details on the engagement and some other fluffy stuff.
- My partner is called Kevin
- We met for the first time ever at a ‘Stars in Your Eyes’ event, in our local community.
- We only lived 7 miles apart but we never knew each other until we met
- We are childhood sweethearts you could say as we met at age of 18
- We have been going out for 20 years
- We never lived together until we built our new home that we moved into August 2016
- We got engaged on 07.07.17 – it’s got a good ring to it
- We are having a Winter Wedding
- We get married on the same date my grandmother and grandfather got married, and on our exact year of our wedding they would be celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary….the bizarre thing was that this wasn’t planned, we realised after we booked our date!
P.S I Got Engaged
You can read much more on my Engagement here, which just happened 7 months ago, which was everything I wished for and more. And no better location and place for it all to happen than at home in Ireland, in The Powerscourt Hotel and the stunning location of Co.Wicklow. Oh and you can find out why I have the theme of ‘P.S’ going on, more will become clear as you read the Engagement piece.
We got the engagement ring in D& K Jewellers, which is a bespoke design. I always liked the idea of having a little rose gold in it, so that worked out well. This jewellers is local to us and they have the most amazing range of jewellery, with a very personal service.
So this is the start of a very exciting journey for me (and Kevin) with lots of planning, fun and excitement in the year ahead.
What’s to come Next on the ‘Wedding Journey’ Blog
In next post I will share more on how I selected my date and share a bit more on the venue itself.