Welcome to Day 6 of my 12 Days of Christmas
Today I am talking all about some ‘YOU’ time. Yesterday I was talking about ‘Acts of Kindness’ so whilst it is so important that we do things for others it is equally important that we also take time to be kind to ourselves. Very often we are dashing around for other people and we forget to stop for even a half hour and take some time out for ourselves and enjoy the simple things in life. So today is a little about focusing on you and doing it in the cosiness and warmth of your own home.
So it’s time to get snug, cosy and bring the ‘Chill’ indoors and indulge in yourself.
Below I have outlined very simple everyday things we all do, but likely we don’t really take the time to be in the moment and savour them.. so the challenge is to do just that. Take a half hour out from all the rushing around in the festive season and try to do each of the below over the next few days. By doing that, it simply should make us feel more at ease, feel relaxed and help us slow down. When we take time for ourselves, and care for ourselves we can then care much better for others.
Some Things You Might Need First to carry out my 8 Simple Suggestions Below:
Links to Buy:
Anthropologie – Holiday Spirit Mug – £9.80 Was £14 / Hotel Chocolat – Hot Chocolate – £9.00 / Poundstretcher- Pink Hot Water Bottle & Socks – £6.99 / Red Bubble – Christmas Tree Blush cushion £15.10 / Hurn and Hurn – Pure New Wool Lao Blanket -£ 28.00 / Oliver Bonas – Peanut & Sea Salt Chocolate – £4.50 / Oliver Bonas – Little Book of LYKKE – £9.99 / Lush – Snow Fairy Bath Bomb – £4.95 / Sweet Escape – 100% Natural Candle (Produced in NI) – £35
Scroll to view 8 Simple Everyday Things to can do…but you really should SAVOUR:
1. Drink Delicious Hot Chocolate with Extra chocolate Flakes on the top
2. Snuggle up with a blanket and enjoy a good read
3. Surround your house in heavenly organic scents to help you relax
4. Fuel up your fire and savor the warmth and feeling it brings
5. Soak in a hot bath, with some aromatic oils to awaken your senses
I love to use Epson salts, great for detoxifying and relaxing tired, stiff and aching muscles. Then try to soak for at least 45 minutes to get the true benefits.
6. Slip into Festive pyjamas, grab your hot water bottle and socks and enjoy the calming feeling
7. Indulge in fine chocolate and enjoy it, no feeling of guilt
8. Wrap up warm and step out into the crisp air and enjoy a stroll with friends, family or simply enjoy your own time
An Creagan is close by that offers a great walking routes
So that is my Simple Guide to allow time to ‘Embrace in YOU’. I hope it has provided some inspiration on how we should enjoy simple things and take more time to savour them and be in the moment.
See you back here tomorrow for Day 7.