This week I attended Marks and Spencer Summer Fashion event in Sprucefield (Lisburn) which consisted of a fantastic presentation on Summer wardrobe styling and outfit inspiration. It focused on taking one key fashion piece like a top, jacket or scarf and then coordinating it with different pieces to create a number of looks, along with the option to bring you from day to night, some looks below...
Marks and Spencer have some fabulous fashion pieces to choose from and many have already made their way into my own wardrobe. Whether you’re into the contemporary minimalist look and modern silhouettes, forward fashion trends or flattering new season everyday essentials, there is something to suit every style, fashion and wardrobe.
So since its the start of a new season this is the perfect time to consider new outfits and looks and inject some key pieces into your own wardrobe.
My Top 5 Fashion Styling Tips
- When putting together an outfit, don’t try to match similar colours (for example if you have pink in your top, don’t try to have the exact same pink in your fashion items), instead look for hues (shades) of that colour and pair with that, which will help accentuate the look.
- Wear Primary Colours (red/yellow/blue), together as block colours in your shoes, bag, top and so forth, they work well for colour blocking and making a statement
- If wearing a light summer scarf, work your outfit around the colours in the scarf and not the other way round (picking your outfit then adding a scarf)
- This summer it is all about pastels, layering, cold shoulder deconstructed shirts, statement sleeves, so make sure some of these appear in your wardrobe
- Pick up some statement accessories (jewellery, shoes and handbags) that can switch up pieces already in your closet to create a different look
Shop here – £25
My Top 3 Summer Outfit Picks
Shop the Look
Tie Waist Floral print A-Line Skirt – £49.50
Pure Cotton Tie Side Half Sleeve T-Shirt – £25
Twin Pocket Zipped Moto Jacket – £39.50
Shop the Look
Pure Silk Floral print Scarf – £25
Cotton Blend Step Hem Slim Leg Trousers – £39.50
Pure Cotton Floral Bardot Shell Top – £39.50
Faux Leather Twist Lock Bag – £25
Shop the Look
Stripped Long sleeve Shirt – £39.50
Cotton Rich Cropped Wide Leg Trousers – £29.50
Geometric Beaded Clutch Bag – £25
Leather Block Heel Mule Shoes with Insolia – £59.00
Rope Print Scarf – £9.50 ( similar item, not as per pic)
My Summer Picks
While I at the event I also picked out some of my favorite pieces from their Limited Edition , M&S Collection & Autograph Ranges, shop them below:
Pure Cotton Stripped Tee Front Shell Top – £29.50
Pure Cotton Stripped Poplin Tie Vest Top – £27.50
Pure Cotton Long Line Stripped Shirt – £35.00
Pleated square neck camisole top – £35.00
Asymmetrical Flared Hem A-line Midi Skirt – £29.50
Cotton Rich Stripped Flared Sleeve T-Shirt – £15.00
Still stuck for some inspiration, check out M&S Outfit Inspirations and you are sure to find something to take your fancy.
Happy browsing and shopping and have a great weekend.