So my second big trip of the year took me to Las Vegas. I had been twice before so I knew what to expect, but that said, every time you visit it still seems so surreal, ever as lively and vibrant.
I was visiting Vegas for another work trip, for 10 days. As normal when it’s a work trip time to get to explore is limited, but this time I had more opportunity to get to see the famous ‘strip’, just strolling around and taking in all the ‘awesomeness’ it has to offer. On previous trips to Vegas I got to experience some of the exhilarating activities it has to offer, helicopter tours, Grand Canyon. This time I was quite happy to simply get the chance to take in the sights of the Strip and immerse myself in the wonders the incredible hotels have to offer, as I hadn’t previously had the chance to do this before.
When in Vegas
- Be a dare devil and take a Sky Jump of the Stratosphere. This truly is an amazing experience. It is not something I am typically into, but I was pursued by a colleague to take the leap and it was definitely glad I did, fantastic experience.
- Get to see Vegas in all its glory and take the Vegas Strip by night helicopter tour, incredible views from the sky, a sea of lights and fascinating buildings.
- Enjoy what will be one of the best steaks at the Jean George’s Steakhouse in the Aria Hotel, which is a really beautiful modern and contemporary hotel. (On the topic of hotels, on a previous visit I stayed in the Delano Hotel, which is located to one end of the Strip, this is a really beautiful hotel, also quite modern and contemporary in style, one I would also recommend.)
- If you have half a day free, then a visit to the amazing Grand Canyon is a must. I opted for the Wild Dancer Tour of the Grand Canyon with Maverick Helicopters. I can safely say it was one of the best, more memorable experiences I have. You get the chance to land on the Canyon and enjoy a picnic, it really is something special.
- See the legend that is Rod Stewart at the Colosseum at Ceasars Palace, which i was lucky to squeeze in one evening on a previous trip. There are so many classic acts you can get the chance to go an see.
- Immerse yourself in the wonders of the Venetian and enjoy an ice cream in Cocolini, Marks Square, as you stroll your way through this magical place. Or alternatively float your way around on a Gondola ride, as it sweeps you along the water, for a ride like no other.
- Romance your senses with the spectacular Fountain Display at the Bellagio. There is nothing quite like seeing them in person. A spectacular show of thoughtfully interwoven water, music and light and it’s absolutely free for any visitor to enjoy. Each performance is unique in expression and interpretation so no matter how many times you have seen the Fountains, they always have more in store to wow you with.
- Take to the Las Vegas North Premium Outlets , only 15 mins cab/uber ride from Vegas strip and avail of some great discounts from some of the many top brands.
- Have lunch in the bright and elegant Tableau Restaurant, a fine dinning option in the Wynn, and simply take yourself away from the hustle and bustle that is Vegas, It is so secluded, relaxing and peaceful, where you can choose to sit in the conservatory to enjoy the gorgeous garden and pool views or dine outdoors by poolside which we did.
- Oh and getting to Las Vegas, take Aer Lingus to San Francisco, and avail of the pre- emigration at Dublin Airport, then its only a short hop across to Las Vegas from San Fran (1hr)
Some Style in Las Vegas
Before I go on any trip I love to pick up a few new pieces, so below is a glimpse into some of the new Spring fashion I was sporting in Las Vegas. (Links to shop all items and similar are right at the end)
Shop My Style
Black washed Amelie super skinny ripped jeans @: River Island £42
Pink Chain Backless loafers @ River Island £30
Cold shoulder square neck knit jumper @ Marks & Spencer £25
Black jersey high rise extra long legging @ River Island £12
Black Low Top Trainers @Kurt Geiger £45
So Su Contour Palette @SoSu £29.95 Euro
Shop similar for the below items:
Shop Similar – Biba Greta Crossbody Bag @Biba £99
Shop Similar – Kelly White High Heels @Public Desire £29.99
Shop Similar – Brown duster coat @Boohoo Was £18 now £16
Shop Similar – Leopard Print Log Sleeve Print top @Dororty Perkins £18
Shop Similar – Leather Eyelet Black Belt @Karen Millen £65
Shop Similar – Light Blue Duster Jacket @River Island £60
Hair – Harkins Harirdressing Group, Strabane, N.Ireland